viernes, 9 de octubre de 2009

A security issue: Traffic Blueprint database hacked

I was looking for a review of this product when I came to a forum where someone had posted this site's members database.
This may be a lucky day for me: the opportunity to contact 2,500 website owners interested in internet marketing, traffic and SEO.
I don't think that sending this msg to them could be considered spam.

*****: a security issue (your account has been compromised)

Hi *****,

Sorry for my English, but I bet you won't care about it after reading this msg.

Googling for information about how to get traffic to my websites I came to trafficblueprint.info
Before buying, as I usually do, I started searching for a decent (not a reseller's) review.
What I found in a forum was a full list of this website's members posted by a hacker!

At first I thought that it was not my business, but what would I expect you to do if you had found my personal record in a similar case?
I would certainly be grateful if you warned me. So that's why I'm contacting you.

Your username is ***** and your password is *****.

I respect your privacy and I have not logged in using your data.
But I did test 3 of the records just to find if that list was valid or not.
The bad news is that all were functional.

If you receive this message twice is because I found 2 different addresses in your record.
I hope you find this warning useful.
Regards and good luck!

Ricardo del Rosal

PS: I was thinking that, as you bought traffic blueprint, we share common interests.
I'm currently developing a marketing network. I'm in the early stages of this project.
I’m looking for people interested in domain business that may help me to develop the Domain Share Trading project.
I don't ask for register fees, contributions or any kind of payment. There’s no catch.
I invite you to visit my blog http://nt5.us/domainshare. Thank you!

But I don't have an automated mailing system and sending 2500 mails manually is not my best choice for a weekend. I think that the best thing to do is to contact the website owner.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario